Is good administration a familiar concept to you? Do you know what student representatives in administration do? Can you take in complex issues just as well as fine details? Can you translate administrative language into easily understandable Finnish? If you answered yes to one or even several questions, you could apply to become our selection coordinator!
HYY is looking for a selection coordinator to prepare and organise the selection of student representatives to the various administrative bodies of the University of Helsinki. This autumn, new student representatives will be appointed to faculty councils and the University Collegium.
The selection coordinator’s main tasks are managing the selection process and the administration of the committee meetings, preparing the selections, processing the applications and acting as the secretary of the selection committees. The position also requires communication skills and good interaction skills.
- A student union serving around 26,000 students of the University of Helsinki
- An efficient, active and inspiring work community, consisting of 12 members of the board, who are also students, and 14 permanent employees.
We expect you to have:
- A familiarity with the University of Helsinki, with experience of acting as a student representative considered an advantage
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
- The opportunity to commit yourself to working in the evenings in October and in the beginning of November
- An excellent command of Finnish, with Swedish and English skills considered advantages
- Good interaction and communication skills
You will get:
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement*, with potential bonuses for education and experience as well as a lunch benefit
- A relaxed and friendly work community
- Flexible working hours
The work is conducted in cooperation with the specialist and member of the Board in charge of the selections of HYY’s student representatives in administration.
Send us a free-form application with a maximum length of one page in which you describe how your skills and experience correspond to the selection criteria. Send your application, with your CV attached, to email@example.com by 23.59 Sunday 27 June. Interviewees will be called for the interview on Monday 28 June and the interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 June.
The employment begins on 10 August, or as agreed, and lasts until 28 November 2021. The working hours are 20 hours per week on average (53%). In October and in the beginning of November, when the selection committees have their meetings, more intensive work is required.
HYY emphasises diversity and equality in our activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds. We use anonymous recruitment in the first stage of the application process.
*The basic salary of selection coordinator is 1,259.87 euros per month (salary group III in the student unions’ collective agreement). The salary is also affected by previously acquired experience and education. For instance, a person with a bachelor’s degree and no previous experience that is considered as an advantage would have a salary of 1,291.37 euros per month. The secretary general is happy to provide further information on the salary of the position.
Further information is provided by:
Mikko Kymäläinen, secretary general
040 081 6426