Are you a multi-skilled expert in organisational communications who enjoys diverse and varying tasks? Do you have a burning desire to improve communication practices and help the rest of your work community to develop their communication skills, too? Apply to become our communications specialist!
As our communications specialist, you will be in charge of our diverse organisation’s communications. We communicate about current news to our 26,000 members, actively participate in political discussion concerning students in the media, produce and advertise large events and much more! In addition to coordinating major policies and our communications, your work will include a lot of everyday communications, such as monitoring the media, updating and editing our website, drafting statements, producing and editing texts as well as supporting the members of our work community in planning and realising communications.
We are a community of 26,000 students. We advocate the interests of our members and the organisations operating under us as well as offer them many kinds of services. We are now looking for a communications specialist to join us until 20 March 2019 as cover for maternity leave, starting on 14 October 2019 or as agreed. The position may be filled before the end of the application period if we find a suitable person.
- A student union with around 26,000 members
- An efficient, active and passionate actor in advocacy work
- An enthusiastic work community, consisting of 8 specialists and 12 members of the board among others, that gets things done together in a competent yet relaxed fashion
We expect you to have:
- Experience of demanding duties related to communication
- The ability to manage large issues
- Initiative and an independent approach to developing communications
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- An education that supports you in the job
- The desire to improve as a communications professional
- Excellent skills in Finnish
A good command of Swedish and English is considered a special advantage.
You will get:
- An interesting, independent and challenging job
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement with potential bonuses for education and experience
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
- Awesome colleagues
The application period ends at 11.59 pm on 6 October 2019. Send us your free-form application letter with a maximum length of one page, with your CV and a possible portfolio of your previous work attached. Send the application to email@example.com with ‘Viestintäasiantuntija’ as the subject.
0400 816 426, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We emphasise diversity and equality in our activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds. In the first stage of the application process, we use anonymous recruitment.