We are looking for a selection coordinator for 12 August–29 November 2019
Is good administration a familiar concept to you? Do you know what student representatives in administration do? Can you take in complex issues just as well as fine details? Can you translate administrative language into easily understandable Finnish? If you answered yes to one or even several questions, you could apply to become our selection coordinator!
HYY is looking for a selection coordinator to prepare and organise the selection of student representatives to the various administrative bodies of the University of Helsinki. This autumn, new student representatives will be appointed to faculty councils and the University Collegium.
The selection coordinator’s main tasks are managing the selection process and the administration of the committee meetings, preparing the selections, processing the applications and acting as the secretary of the selection committees. The position also requires communication skills and good interaction skills.
- A student union serving around 26,000 students of the University of Helsinki
- An efficient, active and inspiring work community, consisting of 12 members of the board, who are also students, and 14 permanent employees.
We expect you to have:
- A familiarity with the University of Helsinki, with experience of acting as a student representative considered an advantage
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
- The opportunity to commit yourself to working in the evenings in October
- An excellent command of Finnish, with Swedish and English skills considered advantages
- Good interaction and communication skills
You will get:
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement, with potential bonuses for education and experience as well as a lunch benefit
- A relaxed and friendly work community
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
The work is conducted in cooperation with the specialist and member of the Board in charge of the selections of HYY’s student representatives in administration.
Send us a free-form application with a maximum length of one page in which you describe how your skills and experience correspond to the selection criteria. Send your application, with your CV attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 5 August. Interviews will be held on 7-8 August.
The employment begins on 12 August, or as agreed, and lasts until 29 November 2019. The working hours are 20 hours per week on average (53%). In October, when the selection committees have their meetings, more intensive work is required.
Further information is provided by:
Aaro Riitakorpi, secretary general
040 0816 426