We are looking for a communications specialist!
We are looking for a communications specialist to join our ranks on a permanent contract starting on 21 June.
Are you a multi-skilled expert in organisational communications who enjoys diverse and varying job duties? Do you have a burning desire to improve communication practices as well as help the rest of your work community develop their communication skills? Apply to become our communications specialist!
As our communications specialist, you will be in charge of the communications of our diverse organisation. We communicate about current issues to our 26,000 members, actively participate in political discussion concerning students in the media, produce and advertise large events and much more! Our communications specialist works in HYY’s communication sector, which includes a senior communications specialist, AD and annually appointed members of the Board. Your work will include a lot of everyday communications, such as updating social media accounts, updating websites, communicating to our members, producing and editing texts as well as supporting the members of our work community in planning and realising communication.
- A student union with around 26,000 members
- An efficient, active and passionate actor in advocacy work
- An enthusiastic work community, consisting of 15 employees and 12 members of the Board among others, that gets things done together in a competent yet relaxed fashion
We expect you to have:
- Experience of social media marketing and the utilisation of social media analytics to support communication
- Experience and especially vision on inspiring event communication
- The ability to manage large issues
- Initiative and an independent approach to developing communication
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- The desire to develop as a communications professional
- An excellent command of Finnish and a good command of English and Swedish
We would also prefer you to have:
- Experience and especially vision on communicating to volunteers and engaging them in producing communication
- Experience of sharing your skills with the members of the work community
- Communication studies
- Experience of using WordPress-based websites
You will get:
- An interesting, independent and challenging job
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement* with potential bonuses for education and experience. We also provide both lunch and sports benefits.
- Opportunities for education and development
- Awesome colleagues
The application period ends at 11.59 pm on 9 June 2021. Send us your free-form application letter with a maximum length of one page, with your CV and a possible portfolio of your previous work, coursework or other work samples attached. Send the application to email@example.com with ‘Asiantuntija’ as the subject.
Interviews will be held on Monday 14 June. Applicants invited to the interviews will be informed of this on Friday 11 June. HYY’s Board will select the communications specialist in its meeting on Thursday 17 June. It is possible to start in the position either on 21 June or as agreed.
0400 816 426, firstname.lastname@example.org
We emphasise diversity and equality in our activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds. We use anonymous recruitment in the first stage of the application process.
*The basic salary of HYY’s specialists is 2,377.11 euros per month (salary group III in the student unions’ collective agreement). The salary is also affected by previously acquired experience and education. For instance, a person with a bachelor’s degree and no previous experience that is considered as an advantage could have a salary of 2,436 euros per month. The secretary general is happy to provide further information on the salary of the position.