Based on the recommendations of the coronavirus coordination group for the Helsinki Metropolitan Area, we are making adjustments to the coronavirus instructions aimed at organisations.
We will be reviewing the coronavirus instructions and restrictions every two weeks starting on 31 August. Up-to-date instructions and restrictions along with their period of validity will be announced in the newsletter for organisations, sent to organisations every two weeks from 3 September onwards.
HYY’s recommendations are in effect until further notice. We are monitoring the situation and will update the instructions as needed. HYY’s recommendations for organisations can be found below.
If you have any questions about these instructions or if your organisation is facing a challenging situation of any kind, you can contact the organisational sector directly.
050 537 3798
board member (organisations)
050 543 9615
General instructions for organisations
- The organisers must be prepared to change their plans or, if needed, cancel their event. When planning events, you should remember that official instructions may change on short notice.
- We urge organisations to actively monitor the development of the coronavirus situation and to follow official instructions at both individual and organisational level to the extent that they apply to your activities. Organisations can also encourage their own members to follow official instructions.
The New Student House
- The front door of the New Student House is closed until further notice.
- Opening the front door will be reviewed again at the February, on 18 February 2021 at the latest.
Restrictions and recommendations concerning HYY’s meeting and festive premises
- Alina Hall, attic sauna Sivistys and meeting rooms Wilhelmsson, Seppele, Kabinetti and Barrikaadi are not available for organisations to reserve or use until further notice.
- No fees will be collected for cancelled reservations. You do not need to make a separate cancellation – the reservations are cancelled automatically.
- Taking the meeting and festive premises back into use will be reviewed again at the February, on 18 February 2021 at the latest.
Restrictions and recommendations concerning organisational premises
- Organising events and spending time in HYY’s organisational premises is forbidden. You are only allowed to quickly visit the premises to pick up necessary items, for instance.
- The only exceptions to the above are events that are absolutely necessary for the organisation’s operation, statutory or prescribed by the rules of the organisation, such as meetings of the association.
- Even in such cases, only the people who are necessary for the practical arrangements of the meeting, such as the chair, the secretary and the tellers, may be present. All said events must adhere to a limit of 10 people.
- In addition to this, you must maintain adequate safe distances (at least 1.5 metres) and observe good hand hygiene as well as wear masks throughout the event. The mask recommendation and instructions on using masks can be found here.
- It must be possible to observe safe distances throughout the event, and the organiser is responsible for monitoring this.
Recommendations concerning organisations’ events
- We recommend that you cancel all events organised indoors or outdoors and that you only organise events remotely until the end of February.
- Current information on the effects of the coronavirus epidemic is available on the government website.
- Effects of the coronavirus on PRH’s office and customers.
- Answers to frequently asked questions on the coronavirus features on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agencies.
- Current information about the coronavirus is available on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
- We also recommend that organisations follow the University’s website, which is being actively updated. The site features information on the effects of the coronavirus on studies.