Based on the recommendations and restrictions set by officials, we are making adjustments to the coronavirus instructions aimed at organisations.
We will be reviewing the coronavirus instructions and restrictions when needed. Up-to-date instructions and restrictions along with their period of validity will be announced in the newsletter for organisations and as deemed necessary.
HYY’s recommendations are in effect until further notice. We are monitoring the situation and will update the instructions as needed. HYY’s recommendations for organisations can be found below.
If you have any questions about these instructions or if your organisation is facing a challenging situation of any kind, you can contact the organisational sector directly.
050 537 3798
board member (organisations)
050 543 9610
General instructions for organisations
- The organisers must be prepared to change their plans or, if needed, cancel their event. When planning events, you should remember that official instructions may change on short notice.
- We urge organisations to actively monitor the development of the coronavirus situation and to follow official instructions at both individual and organisational level to the extent that they apply to your activities. Organisations can also encourage their own members to follow official instructions.
The New Student House
- The front door to the New Student House will be open from 9 September onwards.
Restrictions and recommendations concerning HYY’s meeting and festive premises
- Alina Hall and attic sauna Sivistys available for organisations to reserve or use beginning from the 1st of October. The limit for the number of people in these premises is set according to normal situation.
- If a reservation to Alina Hall is left unused or is cancelled in Autumn 2021, no fees will be collected.
- If new restrictions need to be imposed later and the use of the premises is cancelled because of them, you don’t need to make a separate cancellation – the reservations are cancelled automatically.
- Meeting premises (Wilhelmsson, Seppele, Kabinetti and Barrikaadi) are available for organisations to reserve and use as normal and with normal limitations for the number of people.
Restrictions and recommendations concerning organisational premises
- Organising all events in HYY’s organisational premises is permitted, including festive events. The event organiser is responsible for complying with the authorities’ instructions.
- The limit for the number of people present in organisational premises has been removed. Organisers are responsible for maintaining sufficient spaciousness during events.
- Masks must be used when there are over 10 people present in the premises. The mask recommendation and instructions on using masks can be found here.
- Special attention must be given to hygiene in the premises. Good hand hygiene must also be observed.
- The organiser is responsible for monitoring the number of participants and organising the required measures.
- Please contact the specialist in organisations if your organisation has any questions on the interpretation of these matters.
Recommendations concerning organisations’ events
- HYY recommends that you follow the up-to-date restrictions of the Regional State Administrative Agency in all your indoor and outdoor events organised somewhere else than HYY’s organisational premises and that you take the restrictions into account when deciding on the number of participants for the events.
- Current information on the effects of the coronavirus epidemic is available on the government website.
- Effects of the coronavirus on PRH’s office and customers.
- Answers to frequently asked questions on the coronavirus features on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agencies.
- Current information about the coronavirus is available on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
- We also recommend that organisations follow the University’s website, which is being actively updated. The site features information on the effects of the coronavirus on studies.