Allocation of HYY’s organisational premises begins soon!
Allocation of HYY’s organisational premises begins on 10 May 2023.
HYY is allocating organisational premises for 2024–2026. All organisations that operate under HYY and have filled in the contact details form may apply for the premises. To apply, organisations need to fill in the application form and the survey on the use of premises. Organisations that have already been using HYY’s organisational premises must fill in the form for the allocation of premises, too.
The survey on the use of premises must be filled in by 29 April and the application form by 31 May. Late or deficient applications will not be processed. Link to the application form will be sent during April.
HYY’s Financial Committee will draft a proposal based on the organisations’ wishes and then send it for comments for the summer.
The following will be considered when allocating the premises:
- The extent and coverage of the organisation’s activities among HYY’s members
- The suitability of the premises for the organisation’s activities
- The organisation’s chances of getting premises suitable for its activities for free from elsewhere
- The organisation’s need for operating space
- The way the organisation has looked after its premises
- The way the organisation has acted in its premises
- The opportunity to operate in the premises using the organisation’s own language, if desired
Schedule for the allocation of premises
- 3 April: Survey on the use of premises opens
- 29 April: Deadline for the survey on the use of premises
- 10 May: The allocation of premises opens
- 31 May: Deadline for the application form
- Late or deficient applications will not be processed
- 1-30 June: The Financial Committee makes a preliminary decision on the allocation of premises
- 1-31 July: The Financial Committee’s draft is circulated for comments among the organisations
- 1-9 September: The Financial Committee meets in September to approve a draft, which is then submitted to HYY’s Board for approval
- 1 January 2024: The allocation of premises takes effect
What premises can organisations apply for?
Organisations may apply for premises from Staircase A in the New Student House, Domus Gaudium and Mechelininkatu 3D. The premises available at the New Student House are mainly the same as during the previous allocation period, but the lift renovation has caused some changes in toilet facilities in particular, while some rooms have been taken out of use.
What if my organisation is not currently using HYY’s premises? Do we still need to fill in the survey on the use of premises?
In case your organisation has been accepted to operate under HYY and you have filled in the contact details form, number of members and the basis of calculation for the number of members, you may fill in the application form and apply for organisational premises. In such situations, you do not have to fill in the survey on the use of premises.
What if we organised a lot of joint events last year? How do we enter these into the survey on the use of premises?
Agree on who marks each event as their own among the organising parties of the event. This helps us avoid double events.
Member of the board, Chair of the Financial Committee
050 543 9610
Member of the Board in charge of organisations
050 543 8460
050 537 3798