We are looking for a community specialist
Apply to become our new community specialist by Wednesday 10 June!
We are the Student Union of the University of Helsinki, but our friends call us HYY. We are a corporation subject to public law, with 27,000 university students as members. We act as an advocacy and service organisation for our members and the organisations operating under us.
Do you enjoy project management and working with volunteers? Would you like to plan and develop training for a diverse and enthusiastic bunch of people? Do you know the basics of inspiring communication? Are you interested in a position where you will get to create new practices and develop yourself in an encouraging environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would like you to join our relaxed and skilful work community!
We are looking for a community specialist to join our ranks on a full-time basis, starting immediately or as agreed. The position is completely new, and the job description will continue to develop somewhat at the beginning of the work. For this reason, the position is temporary until 28 May 2021, and the job description will be assessed during the contract. The decision on keeping the position will be made in spring 2021, well before the agreed end date of the contract.
As our specialist, you will be responsible for managing and developing all our volunteer activities. You will be developing the Student Union’s volunteer activities together with members of HYY’s Board and our other specialists. Due to the nature of volunteer activities, the work includes some duties that take place in the evening.
- A student union with around 27,000 members
- A community consisting of hundreds of volunteers
- An innovative, efficient and progressive reformer of student culture
- An enthusiastic work community, consisting of 13 employees and 12 members of the Board among others, that gets things done in a competent yet relaxed fashion
We expect you to have:
- Experience of managing and developing volunteer activities
- Experience of organising training events and training people
- Basic knowledge of student culture and events
- Experience of event organisation
- Communication skills and the desire to develop as a communicator
- Precision in your work and the ability to manage large issues and projects
- An independent approach as well as leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Higher education studies
- A good command of Swedish and English
You will get:
- An interesting, independent and challenging job
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement, with potential bonuses for education and experience
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
- Awesome colleagues
The application period ends at 11.59 pm on Wednesday 10 June. Send your CV and a compact, free-form application letter to email@example.com with ‘Yhteisöasiantuntija’ as the subject. We aim to hold the interviews on Monday 15 June.
HYY emphasises diversity and equality in our activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds. We use anonymous recruitment in the first stage of the application process.
Secretary General Aaro Riitakorpi
0400 816 426