Apply to become our new communications intern by 11 August 2020.
We are the Student Union of the University of Helsinki, but our friends call us HYY. We are a corporation subject to public law, with 27,000 university students as members. We act as an advocacy and service organisation for our members and the organisations operating under us.
We do not know why, but companies and other organisations often seem to be looking for some kind of superhuman when seeking a communications intern. You should already be a multiskilled expert who masters all communication channels: a photography wizard, conqueror of all Adobe programmes, poet, social media guru and so much more.
When applying to become our communications expert, we do not require you to have any superpowers or years of experience in the field. We consider your desire to develop as a communicator and to develop HYY’s communications more important.
Your work week may include attending planning meetings, realising an influencing campaign, writing a blog post, taking photos, updating an Instagram story and tweeting – or something entirely different that you are interested in!
We made a new communication strategy last year. This spring, we are focusing on the practical implementation of its goals. How can we, for instance, build communality in the Student Union and promote students’ interests in society by means of communication? In addition to daily communication work, you will also get to take part in creating HYY’s communication plan, which will help us communicate in an even more interesting and impactful manner than before.
We will agree on your exact job description with you at the beginning of your internship. Your duties will generally be determined by the skills you already have and the areas in which you would especially like to develop.
- A student union with around 27,000 members
- An innovative, efficient and progressive reformer of student culture
- An enthusiastic work community, consisting of 13 employees and 12 members of the Board among others, that gets things done in a competent yet relaxed fashion
We expect you to have:
- Enthusiasm to develop as a communicator
- Good interaction skills
- Content production skills
- Knowledge of social media channels
- Higher education studies
You may also be skilled in some of the following, which we consider an advantage:
- Creativity and the desire to try out new communication methods
- Interactive communication
- Influencer communication
- The ability to review and analyse the realisation of communicative goals
- Training skills
- Visual communication
- Video production
- Good command of Swedish
- Good command of English
We do not require you to have:
We are offering you:
- An interesting, independent and challenging job
- A supervised internship and feedback on your work
- Excellent opportunities to develop in your chosen areas of communication
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
- A nice work community and awesome colleagues
The internship lasts three months and will begin as soon as possible, in early April at the latest. The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, and your salary is 1,500 euros per month.
You can use your application to stand out from the crowd and show your creativity. The application does not need to be made in Word. You can also attach work samples from your previous jobs, projects or coursework, for instance.
The application period ends at 11.59 pm on Tuesday 11 August 2020. Send your CV and a free-form application letter to email@example.com with ‘Viestintäharjoittelija’ as the subject. We aim to hold the interviews on Friday 14 August.
HYY emphasises diversity and equality in our activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds. We use anonymous recruitment in the first stage of the application process.
Further information on the job description and contents:
Communications Specialist Janne Kajander
050 5439 609
Further information on HYY and contractual matters:
Secretary General Aaro Riitakorpi
0400 816 426