HYY is looking for a specialist in social policy
The Student Union of the University of Helsinki (HYY) is a corporation subject to public law, with 27,000 university students as members. The Student Union acts as an advocacy and service organisation for its members and for the organisations operating under HYY.
HYY is looking for a new specialist in social policy to join our ranks on a permanent contract starting on 6 September 2019 or as agreed.
Equality, housing and international students – are you interested in one or more of these themes? Do you have experience with advocacy work, do issues related to equality or students’ income inspire you, and is specialist work your thing? If these questions got you interested, apply to work with us!
In your work, you will be partly responsible for HYY’s advocacy work related to social policy. Your duties include the preparation of statements and comments for the Student Union’s Board, cooperation with important interest groups, representing the Student Union in various administrative bodies and communicating about the issues you are in charge of both within the office and externally. The other specialists in the Student Union act as your close colleagues. The division of labour between you and the Student Union’s other advocacy work specialists will be defined in more detail when you start in the position at the latest.
- A student union with around 27,000 members
- An efficient, active and passionate actor in advocacy work
- An enthusiastic work community, consisting of 8 specialists and 12 members of the board among others, that gets things done together in a competent yet relaxed fashion
We expect you to have:
- Basic knowledge of social and health policy and their current trends
- Precision in your work and the ability to manage large issues
- An independent approach as well as teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Higher education studies
- Willingness to develop as an influencer
- Communication skills
- Excellent skills in Finnish
In addition to the above, we consider good skills in Swedish and English as particular advantages.
You will get:
- An interesting, independent and challenging job
- A salary that is in accordance with the student unions’ collective agreement with potential bonuses for education and experience
- Opportunities for education and development
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
- Awesome colleagues
The application period ends at 11.59 pm on 1 September 2019. Send us your free-form application letter with a maximum length of one page, with your CV attached. Send the application to email@example.com with ‘Asiantuntija’ as the subject. Possible interviews will be held on Wednesday 4 September 2019. The decision on the position will be made in the Board’s meeting on 5 September 2019.
For further information, please contact Secretary General Aaro Riitakorpi (0400 816 426), firstname.lastname@example.org.
HYY emphasises diversity and equality in its activities. We hope to receive as many applications as possible from people with diverse backgrounds.