This year, Flora’s Day takes over the Viikki campus, specifically the lobby and courtyard of the EE building. During the event, you will get to enjoy music, food, drinks and diverse activities! If you want, you can also explore the interesting facilities of the Viikki campus and learn about the disciplines taught on the campus on campus tours. The campus tours have separate registration, and you can take part in them even if you are not coming to the Flora’s Day celebration itself.
Flora’s Day is jointly organised by HYY, the University of Helsinki and the faculty organisations of Viikki, which means that the day will be filled with all kinds of interesting activities all around the event area. Various musical performances will be seen on the stage, with a surprise artist to cap off the evening! We will be serving a diverse selection of food and drinks – there will definitely be something for everyone!
The Flora event is sadly fully booked.
The campus tours have separate registration, and you can take part in them even if you are not coming to the Flora’s Day celebration itself.
The programme for Flora’s day at the EE-building at the Viikki campus starts at 4 pm!
The campus tours organised by the University of Helsinki start at 3 pm in Viikki. There are some free slots, you can see open timeslots here.
Programme at the main stage
3:45 pm DJ
4:30 pm Opening words
4:45 pm Viikin speksi
5:10 pm DJ
7:00 pm Intiaanikesä (in the photo)
8:00 pm the event ends
Flora’s day culminates in Flora’s night! Biosfääri ry organises the official afterparty at Hercules. The doors will open at 9:00 pm and the tickets (€3) are sold on kide.app.
Please remember the following at the event
- Remember to cancel your registration if you are unable to attend the event.
- A limited number of drinks has been reserved for each participant. If you want, you can bring a couple of your own drinks or a bottle of sparkling wine with you!
- We recommend that you bring your own water bottle with you!
- If you want, you can also bring your own picnic blanket with you. There is a very limited number of seats available outdoors.
- Most activities take place outdoors – please wear weather-appropriate clothing!
- Dress code: spring-appropriate clothing and, if you wish, a student’s cap! The outdoor area features mainly sand and grass surfaces, so we recommend using comfortable, preferably flat shoes.
- At HYY’s events, you can participate in discussions and activities without fear of inappropriate treatment or harassment. Safe space is created in the interaction between people, and each one of us is responsible for this.
Principles of safer space
You can participate in the discussions and activities of HYY’s events without fear of inappropriate treatment or harassment. Creating a safe space occurs in the interaction between people, and each one of us is responsible for it.
The event has two event safety contact persons that you can contact during the event:
- Nea Hakala, 050 344 3730
- Casper Enckell, 050 543 9610