Grants for innovative learning projects up for grabs!
HYY allocates grants for new study projects organised by students. The project can, for example, develop study methods, apply theory to practice or advance students' professional competence. The grant cannot be allocated retroactively.
Throughout the years, grants for innovative learning projects have been given to projects such as a soap manufacturing workshop run by nutritional science students, a saddle course by students of veterinary medicine, workshop activities in an international environmental seminar and an art exhibition study group by humanists.
The total amount of the allocated grant is 5,000 euros (approx. 100–900 euros per project). When allocating the grant, the initiative and learning methods that encourage students to be active are taken into account. The projects that have received the grant can be presented in HYY communications as good examples. The study projects must be as open as possible to anyone interested in taking part.
The grant is not allocated for the following purposes:
- Travel or catering expenses
- Facility expenses, with the exception of specially equipped facilities, which cannot be received free of charge
- Printing of publications, unless decided otherwise based on the application
- Master's thesis projects
- Such basic education, which is primarily the responsibility of the department
- Remuneration or salaries
- Continuous/regular activities
If the awarded grant is used to pay a salary or remuneration (in exchange for work performance), the payer and recipient of the remuneration are responsible for following the tax authorities' instructions, the withholding tax and the reporting obligation in particular. Further information is available at www.vero.fi/en.
The person in charge of the project is committed to report about the implementation of the project after its completion latest by 30th of November.
The grant can be applied by a form which opens 14th of March. You can fill the application form in here:
Please check the information before submitting the form! Information cannot be edited later so you should consider the required information before filling the form. You can draft your application with a word processing program and then copy it into the form.
The last day to apply is 5th of April at 23:59 o’clock. Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants will be informed about the allocation of the grants by the end of May. For further information, please contact Member of the Board Ilona Raimas (email@example.com).
Project grants for organisations and members open for applications!
HYY awards project grants to organisations operating under it and to groups of HYY’s members. Project grants make it possible to realise projects that are larger and have higher quality than the parties realising them could otherwise afford.
Project grants are awarded for a specific purpose and will be collected back if the party to which the grant was awarded cannot demonstrate that the funds were used for the project in question. In case funds are left over from the awarded sum, HYY has the right to collect it back at its discretion.
Project grant applications should be free-form applications with a maximum length of two (2) A4 sheets.
The application must include the following information:
- Name of the project
- Organising party (organisation/other)
- Contact details of the person in charge: name, phone number, email
- Account number of the organising party
Applications must also include the following information on the project itself:
- Idea of the project: What are you planning to do in the project?
- Goal: What do you aim to achieve with the project?
- Reason: Why do you want to realise the project?
- Time frame: When would the project be realised? / How long does it last: a day / a week / other duration?
- Division of responsibility: Who is in charge of each part of the project?
- Target: Who is the project aimed for?
- Possible cooperation: Is the project realised in cooperation with another party?
The application should also include the project’s budget, that is, a description of its income and expenses.
The application and its attachments are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period for project grants begins on 20 March and ends at 11.59 pm on 5 May. Late applications will not be considered. All applicants will be notified about the awarding of the grants during May.
Each party that receives a project grant must make a report of the event to HYY’s specialist in organisations within 3 months of realising the project but on 28 February 2020 at the latest. The report must include a description of the course of events, an estimate of the success of the event, particularly compared to the application, and the realised budget.
For further information on the project grants, please ask Chair of HYY’s Financial Committee Linda-Liisa Kelokari (email@example.com, 050 595 0324) or HYY’s Specialist in Organisations Jaakko Kalske (firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 537 3798).
General restrictions and criteria of the project grant:
- Projects that are awarded a grant must be realised between 1 March 2019 and 29 February 2020.
- Project grants are not awarded for parties or other projects in which there is strong evidence that the funds would be used for alcohol.
- Project grants are also not awarded for continuous organisational activities such as website reforms.
- Project grants may not be used for salaries or remuneration.
- Overall judgement is used in the case of study trips, with the main criteria being the reach of the event and the appropriateness of the grant.
- Grants are not awarded for flights.
- Grants are generally not awarded for annually recurring events, unless the event is being changed or renewed in a substantial manner, making the awarding of a project grant justified. This should be highlighted in the application, and overall judgement will also be used in such cases.